Friday, August 6, 2010

Week's progress




This is how far I got with the Carolina CarryAll
The blue is the lining and, of course, that means that the yellow/pink is the exterior of the bag.
I've gotten to Step 37
though I told you it has 48 steps
I was mistaken
I found another page of instructions
page 7 goes to Step 59 !!!I don't mind really
StudioKatDesigns
makes the pattern easy to follow
by using this many steps - small increments

can't get lost.





My first pair of sox since the 1st of September last year.
These are ready to begin the heel gusset.
I'll be using Wendy D Johnson's book
SOCKS FROM THE TOE UP
for a Gusset Heel on page 38
Not certain what the pattern I'll use for the leg portion


 

The yarn I'm using is
Austermann Step with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil
75% superwash virgin wool
25% polyamid/nylon
So very soft AND durable.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Gerry, your purse looks fabulous. I LOVE those batiks you are using. So cheerful and fun!! I looked up that pattern at Studio Kat - hmmm, might have to just go nab that one for myself. :o)

    And I love your socks. That yarn is so pretty, and looks so comfy!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comprehensive instructions are good, they don't miss anything out. It makes it easy for you in the long run. The bag is looking good so far.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerry - love the socks. I am going to have to dig out the needles and try a pair of socks. That is the one thing I have never knit. Sweaters and afghans galore, but never socks.

    The bag rocks - love it.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making progress with your bag. So glad to see something in progress on your needles again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gerry! I do love your blog :0) I love the happy way you have with words and especially the EXTRA words that I think are special Gerry words (only in the nicest possible way!) The bag is gorgeous I do hope you get to the end of all those pages of instructions without giving up on it!!! I think you have more stamina that I have!
    My friend from New Zealand stayed a few days in July and made me a pair of knitted socks - perhaps I will show them on my blog, the yarn is Kaffe Fassett and the pattern is called Mermaid because it sort of curves round like her tail!
    Keep happy blogging and thanks for being my blogging friend :0)
    Val xx Oxfordshire UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again! After being inspired by you I have just posted the gorgeous socks my friend knitted for me. Hope you have time to pop in and see them :0)
    Keep going with yours ..... winter always follows autumn!
    Have a good day,
    Val xx Oxfordshire UK

    ReplyDelete